The Chief mobilized people to establish hamlets, and residents from all regions came to cultivate and live densely, forming Truong Tho hamlet. Later, a new alluvial land was formed to the west of Truong Tho hamlet. Initially, Mr. Le Kiet, Mr. Nguyen Van Ho, Mr. Duong Tung, and Mr. Kiem Nguyen came to cultivate, grow mulberry to raise silkworms, grow jute to weave mats, and grow crops to make a living. Then residents of Trung Gian, An Phuoc, and Kim Bong hamlets also gathered to live in large numbers, formed Phu Hoa hamlet.
Truong Tho and Phu Hoa were two small hamlets that merged into Phu Triem village. When Viet Minh government reformed the administrative unit for the first time in 1946, Triem Tay hamlet belonged to Tan Phuong commune. In 1948, after the second merger, Triem Tay and Triem Dong hamlets merged into Bay hamlet of Dien Minh commune, so people used to call Triem Tay the odd Bay hamlet.
From then, there was a folk song:
Ai về vùng đất Điện Minh
Ghé thăm thôn Bảy địa đầu cheo leo
Phú Triêm Đông cùng với Phú Triêm Tây
Đường đi cách trở nhưng lòng nhớ thương.
Odd Bay hamlet of Dien Minh commune existed until 1955. When Southern government reorganized the administrative unit, Triem Tay became village 1 of Vinh Tho commune. After 1975, Triem Tay village belonged to Dien Phuong commune, now Triem Tay block of Dien Phuong ward, Dien Ban town, Quang Nam province.
When they were first formed, two alluvial plains of Truong Tho and Phu Hoa were separated by a river belonging to the Cau Lau branch that flowed from An Phuoc through Thanh Ha and then along the Cai River to Hoi An. Residents of these two hamlets traveled by crossing the Ong Truyen ferry, and they only paid with corresponding agricultural products. This river had Thay Ho wharf. After the river was filled up around 1930, Dau Lai wharf was built. At those wharfs, merchant ships anchored busily, exchanging goods according to the season. Ships departed from Hoi An, Go Mo Neo market or Cau Lau. Goods included necessities: oil, tea, fish sauce, meat, tobacco, etc. Exchanged goods included agricultural products, sedge mats, silk, potatoes, corn and peanuts, which were the strengths of Triem Tay village at that time. They were carried by merchant ships to be consumed in the South and the North. From these wharfs, ships sailed down the Truong Giang River to Ban Thach market, Ba market, Duoc market or Ba Bau market in Tam Ky.
Phu Hoa hamlet is agriculture hamlet, while Truong Tho hamlet is in construction. The land in Phu Hoa is eroded and silted up every year due to unstable flooding. There was very little land for rice cultivation, Phu Hoa residents mainly grew crops and jute to weave mats, grew mulberry to raise silkworms and grew peanuts.
Mr. and Mrs. Nguyen Van Ho brought mat weaving profession from An Phuoc village and they passed down to Triem Tay villagers. The most popular products were the carved mats, printed mats, and double mats with bright colors, along with silk and peanuts, which were purchased by merchant ships. In Truong Tho hamlet, many construction workers became famous contractors in the field of high-rise buildings, villas, hotels, temples and churches. Due to his success and high skills in the construction field, Mr. Vo Ho Kiem (Mr. Nghe Phung) was awarded the title of Han Lam Vien Kiem Tich and Han Lam Vien Kiem Thao, and was awarded the Long Boi Tinh, 5th class, Dai Nam Kiem Tien and Dai Nam Kim Khanh. Mr. Vo Van Vinh (Mr. Nghe Bay) was awarded the Long Boi Tinh, 5th class, Dai Nam Kiem Tien. Mr. Vo Xuan Duong (Mr. Nghe Tam) was awarded the title of Ngu Pham Van Giai and Han Lam Vien Dai Chieu. This was a great honor for Triem Tay village in particular and Phu Triem in general.
Ngu Hanh mausoleum in Truong Tho hamlet had been started around 1933, a project had been built by the talented hands of Triêm Tây village. The mausoleum was located in the center of the hamlet, facing north.That was s majestic architectural complex, modeled after the Nguyen Dynasty style, the intricate patterns and motifs were very majestic.

A village was like an oasis, surrounded by rivers and water. From Triem Tay to Hoi An, they had to cross the Ba Nu ferry. To go to Thanh Ha, they had to cross the Ba Chi ferry. To go to An Phuoc, they had to cross the Ba Thua or Ba Gio ferry. To go to Ha Nhuan, they had to cross the Ba Ngan ferry. The ferry owners and the ferry terminals have also changed over many generations and many periods. During the jute harvest season, the boats and docks were bustling with agricultural products, people carryed loads on their shoulders. Their singing and shouting voices echoined under the moonlight.
By the war, the sweeps, raids, fire and bullets had devastated the villages. Village people's houses had been burned or dismantled by the French to build forts. Many cadres and people were captured or sacrificed when crossing Ha Nhuan River. The villagers had to evacuate everywhere. After each evacuation, the fields were barren, food was exhausted, there was a lack of salt, lack of vegetables, many people in the village fell ill and died. Not only war, Triem Tay also suffered many natural disasters and floods. Especially the whole village was submerged in water, Phu Hoa hamlet was eroded, nearly half of the land was filled with silt in Giap Thin flood of1964. Every year, many houses had to be relocated, fleeing the flood like fleeing the enemy. The war escalated, fire and bullets covered both rural and urban areas. Many times, artillery shells from Cam Ha and Vinh Dien were fired into Triem Tay village, causing many deaths and injuries, houses and pagodas were collapsed. Some villagers took refuge in Hoi An and Da Nang. Others stayed and sticked with their homeland. During the two resistance wars against the French and the Americans, Triem Tay was the base of operations for cadres and guerrillas from Dien Thanh and Cam Kim communes, etc., and Triem Tay was also the place that provided food and medicine for the front lines of the district and town armed forces.
After 1975, Triem Tay villagers returned in large numbers. There was a lack of land for production and no jobs. The government encouraged them to go to Dak Lak and Tra My to build the economy and settle down. Although the population decreased significantly, there was still a lack of land for cultivation. Although the government had a policy of agricultural collectivization, life was still difficult. Workers from Triem Tay had to go to the North or South to find jobs. In 1986, the subsidy was abolished and the economy was shifted to a market economy.
The economy gradually recovered, inflation decreased, food and goods were abundant, and people's lives became increasingly stable. In 1994, Triem Tay village had electricity. In 2001, rural roads were concreted. Since 2009, riverside tourism projects have been formed. Investors have implemented anti-erosion measures using bamboo piles and planting trees, so the riverbank has been preserved to this day. Through the trial activities of tourism services with the support of UNESCO and ILO in the framework of the project “Developing responsible and sustainable tourism in the Central region, Triem Tay people have gradually completed the service products as Triem Tay community tourism village. The village covered with green bamboo is an ideal place for walking tours on the village roads with green tea trees on both sides, or experience rowing, kite flying, mat weaving, vegetable growing, interacting with the villagers...
In 2016, the iron bridge connecting Cam Kim to Hoi An was built. In 2018, Duy Phuoc bridge was also put into use, Ba Ngan ferry also ended. Residents of Triem Tay and Cam Kim went to Duy Phuoc, Nam Phuoc conveniently. In 2021, Cam Kim bridge connecting Triem Tay and Thanh Ha was inaugurated, National Highway 14H was opened, from My Son, Nam Phuoc to Hoi An and return by new road conveniently.
In Triem Tay, there is also a pagoda named Phu Tho Pagoda built in 1966. In 1968, artillery shells bombarded Triem Tay causing the front roof of the pagoda also collapsed. In 1969, the villagers handed over Truong Tho land to expand the pagoda garden. The pagoda was rebuild it more spaciously. Over time, the scale of the pagoda grew. It was built a 2-storey house, a guest house and a Bao Dien. A spacious and majestic pagoda has existed after nearly 60 years in Triem Tay village.
Now Triem Tay is a quiet, peaceful village rich in cultural identity, moonlit nights on the wharf and boats, songs, folk songs, and melodies echoing along a river. Through the ups and downs of time, through the years of erosion, the cultural and historical imprints still remain in the hearts of Triem Tay people.